Friday, October 9, 2009

Cafe Snapshot: Full City Cafe, 13th & High

Full City 13 & High

This is one of my favorites. Full City Coffee Roaster's cafe inside the Ram's Head building at 13th & High street downtown Eugene. Full City is one of the reasons that Eugene is such a special place for coffee lovers. This is reflected in the loyal following and reputation for quality they've developed in the community over the years. And during this particular visit, as usual, the people behind the bar were friendly, greeting me with a smile. Being familiar with the flavor and quality of Full City's house coffee and latte's already, I decided to try something different than my "usual". I went with the Cafe Borgia, made with Full City's award winning chocolate ganache, (a thick chocolate sauce), double shot of espresso, real orange zest, steamed milk and fresh made whipped cream. And it was every bit as delicious as it sounds. More drinkable than the traditional Borgia I remember, made of equal parts espresso and steamed milk. Full City's 13th & High cafe is a great meeting place and people watching spot. It's the one place I'm likely to find my friend Brice, the "Window Man", and be able to visit over a cup of coffee before getting on with the day. Outdoor seating that wraps around the corner of the building is nice during the dry season here in Eugene and even during the morning coffee rush I can usually find a seat in the cafe. Full city also offers a nice variety of pasties and other light fare. And I also recommend taking some of their whole bean coffee home to brew for yourself. The coffee is roasted right here in Eugene by Full City's owner and roast master, Michael Phinney. I enjoyed visiting Full City once again and I'm already craving my next Borgia.


(click photo to enlarge )





Full City Coffee Roasters
295 E 13th Ave, Eugene - (541) 465-9270

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online