Sunday, October 11, 2009

New Food: Fluffles!


I was laying in bed a couple nights ago trying to get to sleep and I was craving something sweet. And that's when the idea hit me! French-toasted, fluffy pancakes. I was so excited about the idea that I jumped out of bed, made my way to the kitchen and began to set up for a yummy culinary experiment. Here's how I did it:
Melted butter in a non-stick frying pan.
Mixed Krusteaz Buttermilk instant pancake mix, one egg, a splash of real vanilla extract and water in a bowl to desired consistency. (the egg makes the pancake more rich and fluffy)
Mixed two eggs, milk and a splash of real vanilla extract in a pie pan. (french toast batter)
Cooked pancake on medium high until it started to brown on each side and then turned it down to medium low until it was golden brown and cook through. (browning the pancake will help it hold together for the next step)
Melted more butter in bottom of non-stick frying pan. Dipped both sides of pancake in french toast batter. (at least four seconds each side to let it soak in a little)
Fried it in the pan for the second time until golden brown on each side and served it up.
As you can see, it's not a waffle and it's not french toast but it's not just a pancake either. It's a fluffle! Serve for breakfast with coffee or for dessert with your favorite decaf. I like butter flavor pancake syrup on my fluffle but real maple syrup or any fruit preserve would be good too. So if your like me and love pancakes, dutch babies, waffles, aebleskivers, crepes and french toast, then here's a delicious new breakfast treat for you to try. Enjoy and please let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online